Looking for a great Brownie recipe?
I have been wanting to make these brownies for a very long time. However, I understand how dangerous a big plate of brownies can be in my house--and I didn’t want to put myself in danger. But, the other day, I needed to bake something and I just so happened to have almost all of the ingredients. Well, almost. I had everything to half the recipe and make a smaller pan of brownies.
I can handle a half pan of brownies.
If you have willpower, you should go ahead and make the full pan.
These come from the Baked Restaurant in NYC, and the recipe was modified a bit from the original.
I used the Brown Eyed Bakers adaptation of the recipe and had to modify it slightly to make half a batch.
And, um.....so yum!
- ⅝ cup of flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 T cocoa
- 7 ounces bittersweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup butter cubed
- ½ teaspoon coffee powder; I used [Starbucks VIA]
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ) Preheat over to 350 degrees. Prepare an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper, leaving some overhang for ease of removal.
- ) Mix together flour, cocoa, and salt. Set aside.
- ) Using a double boiler, melt chocolate, butter and coffee powder together. Keep your eye on this and once melted, allow it to cool.
- ) Once cooled to room temperature, whisk the eggs in. The mixture will be pretty thick.
- ) Stir in the vanilla.
- ) Sprinkle the flour mixture over the top and then fold everything together. Do not over mix. Don't use a mixer here---a spatula should be just fine.
- ) Pour into baking pan and bake for about 25-30 minutes.
- ) Let cool a bit in the pan and then remove from the pan using the parchment paper handles.
- Enjoy in moderation!
They look good and tempting 🙂 can you please mail me some right now 🙂 I miss the days that I use to bake and cook 🙂 I guess those days are gone 🙂 now its whole foods that does my baking:) have a good day 🙂 Things change 🙂