Since the government shutdown started (35 days ago!), I have been cleaning out my cabinets and making recipes with what I have. The combination of cold weather and empty cabinets has made me miss Hawaii and all the great food. Luckily, I have lots of coconut milk and time to make Hawaiian haupia, or Hawaii’s best coconut pudding.
Did you make my chocolate coconut parfait? If not, no worries. This recipe is even easier and is for those that don’t want to mess with the chocolate but want coconut pudding that is pure coconut.
Only a few ingredients (easy to make vegan too!) and a few minutes on the stove top and you will be on your way.
When you crave a bit of Hawaii and coconut goodness—this will be a recipe to save.Print
Craving a bit of Hawaii or just a super coconut dessert? This is the recipe for you. Pure coconut-y goodness.
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 15
1 can full fat coconut milk
1 cup whole milk (or almond milk)
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup cornstarch
1 cup water
- In a saucepan, whisk together coconut milk, milk, and 1 cup of sugar.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the cornstarch and water until dissolved.
- Once the coconut mixture comes to a low boil, reduce it to a simmer and add the cornstarch mixture.
- Slowly reheat, stirring the entire time, until it begins to thicken.
- Dish the pudding into ramekins or bowls. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Sprinkle with toasted coconut and serve!