Sometimes, you just need a cookie. It helps that these are refined sugar free, flour free and ready in minutes!
Ever have one of those days that you just can't seem to get anything done? Like, you have a list a mile long but don't seem to make any progress on it. This was me yesterday. I had so many projects I could have been working on but such a hard time moving forward with any of them. I mentioned to Sawyer that I was feeling bogged down and he said, "Just get in the kitchen and make something, it doesn't matter what it is." Before he said that, I had actually already put the dates in the food processor and just left them there as I got distracted with other things. I knew I wanted to make a few tweaks to this recipe--I just couldn't get myself to do it.
I am glad he gave me that little extra push because these cookies were just what I needed to 1) get me out of my unproductive funk and 2) treat yo self. Just a bit of chocolate seemed to make a world of difference in my mood and attitude.
I used some bittersweet chocolate chips in this recipe but you can leave them out if you really don't want any refined sugar. The rest of the ingredients are pretty standard--dates, almond butter, cocoa powder and an egg. A sprinkle of kosher salt and that's it.
Easy Sugar Free, Flour Free Fudge Cookies
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1 cup dates
- 3 heaping tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup chocolate chip optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with either a Slipmat or parchment paper.
- In a food processor, process the almond butter, dates vanilla, cocoa powder and egg.
- Using a small cookie dough scoop, roll into balls and gently press them flat with the tines of a fork.
- Press about four to five chocolate chips onto the cookie and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for 7-9 minutes.
Leave a Reply