Chocolate peanut butter protein balls are a great lunch snack anytime of day. A cross between cookie dough and a power bar--how can you go wrong? We have been packing a few of these in our lunch bags all week for a perfect sweet treat in just the right size.
On a personal note, I have been furloughed as a federal employee for the past few weeks. I am struggling a bit with what to do with my time. I always think that if I didn't have to go to work---I would spend all of my time on my blog.
Yet, here I am, not going to work and I still manage to fill my day with so many other things. Today, and the rest of this week, I am going to be recipe testing (and possibly even video making). I need to take advantage of this time!
My goal is to post at least once a day for the rest of this government shutdown.
Try them and let me know what you think!
How to make Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Balls?
These are really easy to make. Add all the ingredients to a food processor and pulse until well combined. Using your hands or small cookie scoop, form into small balls and place on parchment paper. Refrigerate for one hour before enjoying.
Peanut Butter Protein Balls
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ cup chocolate chips mini chocolate chips work well
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 Tablespoons flax seed
- 1 Tablespoon protein powder plain, chocolate or vanilla works best
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients (except chocolate chips), process until well combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Using a small cookie scoop, form balls and place on baking sheet.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour and then enjoy!
- They keep well in the refrigerator for about a week if you keep them covered.