I can't believe all of the healthy recipes I have been testing lately. I blame a few of my new favorite blogs including, Oh She Glows! and Chocolate Covered Katie. I'm also trying to make healthier choices, buy less from the grocery store and more from the farmer's market, and eat vegan 60% of the time.
OK, so this isn't really ice CREAM. There is no CREAM. It is creamy, sweet, perfect and it is made mostly with bananas! If you don't like bananas, you won't like this at all. BUT, if you love bananas and you love ice cream--this is the perfect recipe for you.
After a few bites, the banana flavor seems to be toned down a bit and the chocolate flavor takes over.
This recipe is gluten free, vegan, sugar free, and raw! It would be appropriate for all of your friends and all of their weird eating habits.
Make it for your next party! Try it on top of the healthy chocolate chip cookie pie.
Chocolate Vegan Ice Cream
- 4 bananas frozen
- 1 heaping Tablespoon cocoa powder
- A bit of water
- ½ cup chocolate chips walnuts or mix-in of choice
- Using ripe bananas, cut them into chunks and place in the freezer for about 2 hours.
- Using a heavy duty food processor, blend the bananas until smooth. This will take a little time. If your food processor is having a hard time, add a bit of water, one teaspoon at a time.
- Once blended into into ice cream consistency, add the cocoa to the food processor and blend together.
- Finally, toss in the chocolate chips and pulse once or twice. Store in a sealed container in the freezer for the perfect hard-packed ice cream.