I LOVE chocolate peppermint pretzels!
I don't normally see them at the grocery store until the holidays and I remember last year, they seemed to sell out of them quickly. I am not the only one that likes these things.
I decided to make my own! They were delicious but since I eat them at warp speed I wanted to figure out a less calorie dense way to make these things.
In the middle of the night, I had an epiphany! What if I drizzled chocolate over the pretzels instead of dipping them? I am horrible about dipping anyways.
This way, I could reduce the amount of chocolate needed and still get the crunchy, chocolaty, pepper-minty goodness!
They turned out excellent......and only took about 15 minutes to whip them up and about 2 hours to cool.
- Pretzels about 50 small
- 1 cup chocolate chips or bittersweet or white chocolate
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 5 small candy canes crushed
- Place a sheet of parchment on a cookie sheet and lay out the pretzels, keeping them fairly close to each other.
- Using a double boiler, melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil until runny and pour-able.
- Drizzle heavily on to the pretzels. Do not try to make it pretty or even--just use the chocolate you have to cover as well as possible. The entire pretzel will not be covered.
- Sprinkle the crushed candy canes onto the chocolate covered pretzels.
- Allow to cool in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- After they are cooled off a bit, you may need to break them apart from each other a little bit.