I finally created a little video for my basic Hawaiian Tuna Poke Recipe. I had already made a video for my Spicy Tuna Poke recipe but have been sitting on this one for awhile now. Thankfully Sawyer finished it up for me!
This really simple recipe is a staple around here--especially when we can find good, fresh tuna.
For tips on buying and finding fresh fish, check out this post.
The recipe is included after the video.
Hawaiian Tuna Poke Recipe [VIDEO]
- 1 pound fresh tuna cut into ½ inch cubes
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce if Paleo, use coconut aminos (OPTIONAL)
- 1 teaspoon hot chili flakes
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt or Hawaiian rock salt
- ¼ cup green onion
- ¼ cup of sweet onion thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon roasted sesame seeds
- Cut tuna into cubes. Cubes should be about ½ inch in size.
- Place tuna into a bowl and toss with thinly sliced onions.
- Add sesame oil, soy sauce, hot chili flakes and salt.
- Gently give a little stir and taste. At this point, you may want to add a bit more pepper flake, sesame oil or salt.
- Once the flavors are where you like it, add green onion and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Cover and refrigerate for up to four hours.