I had such high hopes for this Halloween. I was planning to make multiple festive cookies, a savory dish, and a few fun cocktails. I had big decorations planned and a great and easy costume. But, I am not sure what happened and now Halloween is tomorrow and the only fun treat I made was these Halloween Oreos. Luckily, my kids are pretty easy and gave me an A for effort.
They are kind of cute, right?
These are SOOOO simple. Basically, just Oreos, dipped in chocolate, drizzled with a bit more chocolate to get the weird patterns and lines, and a couple of eyeball candies for good measure.
They might be the simplest Halloween treat you can make yourself.
Do you need something fun and festive to put on the table tomorrow night? You can have these done in no time. And, everyone will love them!
This is all I have for tonight, got a lot more cooking up in The Surfer's Kitchen! Hope to see you here another time!
- 12-18 Oreos
- 16 ounces of semi sweet chocolate chips melted
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- eyeball candies
- Lay parchment paper or a Slipmat on a baking sheet.
- Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil using a double boiler or in the microwave checking to see if they are melted every 20 seconds.
- Dip each Oreo into the chocolate, using a fork to flip it over and make sure all sides are covered.
- Place cookie on the parchment paper to cool.
- Once you have dipped all of the Oreos, using the remaining chocolate to "decorate" the cookies. I just put a bit of the melted chocolate on my fork and kind of splatter painted the cookies.
- Gently press the eyeball candies into the chocolate.
- Store in the refrigerator until firm.