I cannot get a good photo of air fried tofu. It is just not that photogenic. But, it is a great staple and building block for so many different recipes. I have been making this air fried tofu every week and use it for Vietnamese Banh Mi, Tofu Curry (recipe coming soon), tofu poke, and as a topping for a loaded salad.
Sawyer got me an air fryer for Christmas and honestly, I didn't want to deal with another kitchen appliance. But, I use it all the time. It cooks super quickly and everything turns out great in it. My only complaint is that the cooking basket is very small. It can only make enough to feed two so I am constantly making double batches.
Air Fried Tofu
- 1 block of extra firm tofu
- 1 Tablespoon corn starch
- coconut cooking spray
- First, prep the tofu
- To do this, I layer a small stack of paper towels, place the tofu on top and then place a plate or heavy pan on top of that. We are trying to squeeze the excess water out. I leave it for 10-15 minutes and then flip it over and do it again. Once the water is squeezed out, you can cut the tofu into the desired shapes. Cubes work great for curry. Slices are preferred for sandwiches.
- Toss the tofu with the cornstarch in a Ziploc bag. You want the pieces to be lightly coated.
- Place in the air fryer basket, in a single layer and spray lightly with the cooking spray.
- Set the timer for 6 minutes at 390 degrees. Once done, shake the air fryer basket and air fry for another 4 minutes at the 390 degrees.
Leave a Reply