My last work trip was putting me out of town for a whole week, leaving behind a sick daughter, a grumpy son and a tired husband. It got me worried.
Would they be OK? Would they miss me? What could make it better?
The answer of course, was chocolate banana muffins!
Before my last work trip, I woke up early and baked these muffins for the kids. I wanted them to wake up to something yummy and I wanted to use up the old bananas before they turned into banana wine.
They were so happy to wake up to warm muffins and I was so happy to leave them a special treat.
We always seem to have almost rotting bananas around and I am always looking for something to do with them. I have posted about vegan chocolate chip banana muffins in the past. But, I wanted to try something different.
The recipe comes from one of my new favorite blogs, The King Arthur Flour Blog, and was a great basic muffin recipe.
Simple, fast, delicious—-a way to combat mommy guilt.
Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
Adapted from King Arthur Flour
3 large ripe bananas
1 cup butter
1 1/3 cups of sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
4 cups of King Arthur All purpose Flour
2 cups of bittersweet chocolate chips
1. Get your muffin tins ready: Lightly grease 12 to 14 standard muffin cups & preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a stand mixer, throw in the bananas to get them nice and mushy. Add the butter and sugar and mix until smooth.
3. Add eggs one at a time and then add milk.
4. Add all dry ingredients.
5. Mix until combined.
6. Using a ice cream scoop, scoop about 1/4 cup into each muffin tin.
7. Bake for 20-23 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the center of one comes out clean.