Happy Fall! I am so excited to jump into fall with all of the holidays and baking. I am still trying to stay healthy though and not go overboard with lots of treats.
I think everyone has their favorite Starbucks item that they wait patiently for each year. Aaron loves the cranberry bliss bars that come out at the end of November. My daughter gets excited about Smores fraps. For me, I really only like their pumpkin bread. It is not too sweet, not too spicy–and has the perfect density.
Butter! Butter is the magic ingredient for this quick bread. Butter gives it that pound cake feel and makes the recipe turn out much better than pumpkin bread recipes using oil. I can’t believe I didn’t think of it sooner. Butter makes everything better!
I actually used half the batter to make my famous chocolate chip pumpkin bread too. Recipe coming soon. Stay tuned.Print
Starbucks Copycat Pumpkin Bread
If you like the Starbucks pumpkin bread, you will love this version. Make sure to take some to the office. Everyone loves it!
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon ground clove
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 can pumpkin puree (15 ounces)
- 1/4 cup walnutes
- 1/4 cup green pumpkin seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter 2, 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and spices. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the melted butter and sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each. Stir in the pumpkin until smooth.
- Fold in the dry ingredients. Mixing gently until the batter is smooth.
- Pour into the prepared loaf pans.
- Sprinkle the top of each loaf with the walnuts and pumpkin seeds. You might want to gently press them into the batter (not too deep) to make sure they bake in just right.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- When you remove from the oven, it is important to let it cool for 20-30 minutes before removing from the pan. Once you do remove it from the pan, let it cool completely and then cut it into slices.