Wasabi Mashed Potatoes
- 2½ lb yellow potatoes
- ½ cup milk (cows, nut milk, soy milk all work as long as they are not sweetened)
- ¼ cup butter (or vegan butter)
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 4 tablespoon wasabi paste
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Boil potatoes for about 20 minutes until they are easily pierced with a knife. Strain the potatoes.
- ) If you decide to not use the peels, use a ricer to separate the peel from the potato and to get a nice smooth potato pile. If you decide to use the peels, skip the ricer step.
- ) Put all of the potatoes into the bowl of your stand mixer and let it roll for about 5 minutes using the paddle attachment. If you don’t have a stand mixer or a ricer, use a potato masher.
- ) Once the potatoes are fairly smooth, add butter, milk, salt and wasabi. They should smooth up even more.
- ) Add a touch more milk, butter or salt to get to the consistency that you enjoy.
- ) Serve hot!