My Favorite Sandwich: Vietnamese Banh Mi
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 4
- French Baguette
- Fried Tofu
- Pickled Daikon and Carrot
- Sriarcha Sauce
- Hoisen Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp. Fish Sauce
- For the Tofu:
- Mix up a marinade of 2 Tablespoons of soy sauce, 1 teaspoon of sesame oil, and a splash of fish sauce. Add about ten thin slices of the tofu to the marinade and let sit for about an hour.
- Sandwich Assembly:
- Cut baguette into four slices.
- Place about five tofu slices on each piece of baguette.
- Add about 1/4 cup of the pickled daikon and carrot mixture.
- Top with a sprig or two of cilantro.
- If you want a bit of extra spice, add a couple slices of jalapeno.
- Let each person add their own Sriracha sauce and hoisen sauce to taste.