- ⅔ cup dates
- 1 cup cashews
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 heaped tablespoon vegan chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Prepare an 8x8 baking dish or a 9x 13 baking dish by laying down parchment paper in the bottom, leaving some parchment for overhang. If you want thick bars (like you can buy in the store), use the smaller pan.
- Add cashews and dates to a food processor and blend until they are well combined.
- Add the rest of the ingredients. Process well. The mixture will be sticky.
- Press the mixture into the pan. Sprinkle a little kosher salt on the top for a nice sweet and salty combo.
- Refrigerate covered for about a half an hour before trying to cut them.
- Store covered in the fridge for up to one week. (They will likely still taste good after that but the texture gets a bit crumbly.)