Green Thai Curry
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons chopped ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 8 cloves peeled garlic
- 2 large shallots (chopped)
- 4 Thai chili peppers
- 2 cups of broccoli florets
- 2 cups of bok choy (or baby bok choy slices)
- 2 teaspoons of dark sesame oil
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can light coconut milk
- 1/2 pound shrimp (Or if you want to make this vegan (use tofu instead of shrimp. You will need 1 lb of tofu drained and cut into 3/4 inch cubes.), optional)
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons black sesame seeds
- ) Make some Japanese white rice in your rice cooker.
- ) Combine the cilantro, ginger, garlic, coriander, cumin, shallots in the food processor. Process until smooth–set aside. You just made your own curry paste!
- ) Steam broccoli until crisp tender. Drain and set aside.
- ) Allow the water at the bottom of your steamer come to a boil. Throw in the bok choy and let cook for 1 minute. Drain and set aside.
- ) Heat a pan to medium and add sesame oil. Add curry mixture to the pan and saute for 1 minute—-stirring the whole time. Your house is going to smell good!
- ) Add sugar, soy sauce, salt, and coconut milk and bring to a boil.
- ) Reduce heat and add shrimp (or tofu) and cook for 2 minutes. No more, no less.
- ) Toss in broccoli and bok choy and let sit for 1 minute.
- ) Done. Do not let the shrimp cook for more than 3 minutes…..that is really all the time they need.
- ) Place a generous scoop of curry on 1/2 cup of rice. Sprinkle with black sesame seeds.
- Enjoy! It is mighty tasty!