My favorite homemade pizza dough recipe. This recipe is on regular rotation at our house because it is so easy and it rivals any pizza shop.
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1½ cups warm water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup , plus 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- In a small bowl, dissolve the yeast in the warm water.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, add the flour and salt. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil and melted butter.
- Once the yeast looks dissolved, add to the flour mixture. You should have the kneading hook on at this point and allow it to knead away until the dough is slightly sticky.
- Cover for at least three hours. If you have time, you can store in the refrigerator for 24 hours--allowing it to rise slowly.
- After rising, punch down the dough and divide into two. If you aren't going to make two pizzas, you can store the second dough ball in the freezer.
- Roll out your dough, adding a bit more flour if it seems too sticky.
- Place on pizza stone and top with desired toppings.
- Bake for 12 -15 minutes at 425 degrees.